The Customer Experience Team is a 27-strong multi disciplinary team covering Research, Service Design, UX, Design and front-end development. We believe that through what we do we can craft beautiful experiences that make our customers’ lives better. We are passionate about doing the best job possible, and we are committed to having fun doing it!
We embrace new challenges and solve problems; we believe in looking backwards only to help us take the right path forwards.
We question, critique and grow; we share, discuss and learn; we are creative and we wonder…
The team here has been given an expanded remit, covering not just General Merchandise (Tesco Direct), but also Clothing (F&F) and some other very exciting customer propositions, both online and covering our in-store digital kiosks – so we’re looking for great talent to join the exceptional team!
Experience Architect / UXer:
Front End Developers:
Split Testing & Optimisation: http://www.tesco.com/directuiassets/SiteAssets/NonSeasonal/en_GB/pdf/UI%20Developer%20(TestandTarget).pdf
Platform Development: http://www.tesco.com/directuiassets/SiteAssets/NonSeasonal/en_GB/pdf/UI%20Developer%20(Platform).pdf
Working for the largest name in travel, you will be working on a incredibly exciting eCommerce redesign project.
We are overhauling our hero brands www.thomson.co.uk and www.firstchoice.co.uk, as well as some other smaller ones. With revenues over £1bn, these are the biggest travel sites out there. Here at TUI Travel we have a vision to revolutionise the way people buy holidays; online, cross-channel and mobile.
Want to come and help us to deliver this?
We are looking for a highly experienced UXD/UXA/whatever title you use to join a large user experience and design team. You will be designing, innovating and communicating design throughout the design and development stages of the project.
You will have worked on large, transactional web sites/applications. You will be a creative thinker who will be able to bring new and exciting ideas to the team. It’s vital that you are able to lead design choices, solve complex problems and present solutions that create an incredible user experience.
- Up to date CV.
- Portfolio, including examples of most recent work.
- 5 years experience in user experience design, prior experience in eCommerce/transactional sites preferred.
- Proficient in Omnigraffle/Visio.
- Experience in full lifecycle UCD projects.
- Experience of redesign projects preferred.
- Writing, carrying out and evaluating user testing & usability testing.
- User research, including contextual enquiry, focus groups and interviews.
- Defining site structures and generating of task and process flows.
- Carrying out user testing.
- Generation of personas.
- Wireframe design and interaction design definition.
- Presenting concepts and techniques to stakeholders.
Facts and Figures:
- Contract type:
- 6 months initially – but this is a big programme of work, so we’re likely to extend by another 6months.
- £400 per day
- Working hours:
- We’re reasonably flexible! Some people start at 0830 and leave earlier, others start a little later. We do our daily stand-up at 0930, so that kicks off the day officially.
- We are based in quite nice offices beside Luton Airport (here: http://goo.gl/ikqWw). There’s a canteen, a coffee shop, break out areas, games area….
- Travel by train:
- Luton Airport Parkway is on the Thameslink route, which has very regular and quick connections from London (30mins from St. Pancras). All people based here have access to a 50% travel discount card for train tickets.
- Travel by car:
- We’re 5mins from the M1, and we have on-site parking for all staff.
- The Team:
- The UC & Design team is currently 14 strong, made up of UXers, Designers and front end developers. We put a strong emphasis on learning and exploring new things. We hold regular ‘brown bag’/lunch and learn talks, UX Video session etc. Read more about these activities.
Want more information? You can get me on twitter @alexhorstmann, or by email on email@example.com.